War Proposal To Satisfy Everyone

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Psychosis, Feb 21, 2018.

1. This here is the holy grail to Kaws players. The war system obviously is in decline and always has been. Here is what I propose to possibly not only make new warriors, but to change other aspects of the game that some people have been nagging about.

I believe a system in which clans are forced to participate in wars(would have to be lowland wars) would make more people interested, if not, too bad. If a clan simply doesenter want to war, they can have a neutrality button, but havin this on reduces eb plunder by, let's say 20% as of now (must be on for a week once set and they shall not war during that time)

Clans within top 500 lb must participate in this system, wars are required for non neutral clan once every 3-5 days. Pick chosen warriors and participation will be better and it will actualy be kingdoms at war.

Clans hoppers will lose that 15-20% as some seem to think these players are a problem. Support it, or improvise on it, reject it, I'm just saying this wouldn't be too hard a system to create and play by.

Winning wars will stI'll give plunder bonus, but now will add that percentage to event drops from ebs, and will recieve a significant amount of event items for winning.

Edit* Premium ebs keep their value.

2. Yeh forcing people to do something they don't like will definitely fix kaw.

3. Seems OK. It's a case of "suck it up,and do it". The only problem now is for ATA to actually implement it

4. Not happening. Would upset the only part of kaw that still exists (Eb fairies) and thats the last thing ATA wants.
    Never mind the fact that they have abandoned this dying game.

5. Take your EE tears elsewhere......you’ve had your day in the sun with your specialness.....

6. Wouldn’t satisfy anyone. Game mechanics are broken. Way too many things need to be implemented to fix wars. Consider thy only like 1% of kaw wars and that only 5% MAX want to war but don’t cuz the mechanics are broken. Also the top 500 clans would be ALL the remaining active clans in game. Absolutely no one in game wants forced wars and reduced eb plunder would make all the spenders quit. Your “fix” would kill the game in 5 days or less back to the drawing board OP.

7. No support, devs already tried the "Suck it up method" a few years back with the ice shard promo. For those who do not remember it. It was a pure PvP promo that opted in EVERYONE against there will. That lasted all but 2 days then the devs were forced to put in a "Opt out" option.

Punishing Pve players is a fast was to ensure this game will die. Who will stick around & spend money when their forced to war against their will or take a plunder cut because they choose to fight against it.

Let's talk a little history shall we, Kaw was built on PvP only. How well did this work? It didn't, new players were forced to fight players that were larger & significantly more experienced. This alone made most just delete the app & never come back. While I'm sure Xtals were still being bought, the sales couldn't have been massive.

PvE was introduced, to help players grow. In a way that's the job it still provides today. Hte/Zta/Nk, these three ebs alone count for a massive chunk of Kaws revenue. PvE offers something for everyone, easy gold for upgrades, a way to pin in a fight, hell it provides strip funds.

So, before crying that players who choose not to PvP will not participate. Try adding things that might entice them to do so while making it their choice.

8. Forcing players to do anything is not a positive avenue to bring change. The war system itself needs fixed and incentives re-established to bring people back to warring like the days of old.

9. I like the new kingdoms at ikea. What’s this war you talk about? Does it drop lampshades or throw pillows? That’s what I really need.
    (End sarcasm)

10. Its only a one hour war once ever couple days, and you don't even actually have to do it. Ebs provide gold, I don't see the problem.

11. Problem being as stated, forcing people against their will by punishing them for not doing as you want.

12. The problem is that pvp players don’t spend 200+ nobs a day nor do they constantly buy $100 xtal packs nor do they grow beyond HF cuz they can’t afford to upgrade in actual PVP. Case in point they don’t spend money. No money= no profit for dev= dead game. Again, dropping EB plunder on an already over-inflated build cost would just cut the player base in half. Then you have no game to PvP in.

Matter of fact I’ve always been confused as to why PVPers complain so much about EB players. Your not warring to grow your warring because you and your opponent have a score to settle. When I used to war back in 2010 you wanted people that hit back cuz it made it fun. Had bots never taken over the OSW side of kaw I’d prolly still be 8mcs with 50k of each pot. But that’s another conversation. The new age of pvp is more people asking for equal rewards and collectors. But why? You don’t care about growth right? Cuz you want to pvp. Or you do care about growth scerectly but want to appear hard core on a tap game? Idk Maybe someone can explain it to me.

13. Green echo gets it, this game can not thrive on PvP alone. I'm all for making warring more appealing. Infact I offered more then a few suggestions to make it more worthwile to players. I'd be willing to say they took one of the suggestions I sent in & implimented it very poorly unfortunately.

Here are a few suggestions that would make players want to war/PvP more often.

1. Side by side PvP/PvE Legends: Give players the chance to double up on rewards or purely choose their path. I personally sent this in to the devs shortly before the first one ran. My entire idea was this, Make PvP goals easier to obtain OR make then better. Why? Because you work twice as hard to get them. The results? Same prizes & PvE was immensely easier to gain.

2. Customizable allies: Allow players to invest gold in Npc allies & set their stats accordingly. Yes I understand it's a massive exploit, but can easily be tweaked.

3. Mith equip gives a % bonus to gold: Very self explanatory, give the equip a buff to stats & make it where if you get the entire set you get a bonus in PvP & PvE. This would be an amazing incentive for people to war/PvP again.

These ideas alone, do not force players to change their play style. Instead they make warring that much more appealing. All the while allowing the choice to actively say "The rewards are not worth the effort to me" or "Those are awesome rewards, I should start getting into PvP (or back into)". It's fair to all because the option would be there for anyone to take up.

The hugest problem with PvP is the massively broken hit ranges, even if there is only a 1% chance you can hit someone. They can reach out & massively over power you. This stops many players from even trying. Before trying to say throwing everyone into the mix, finding neutral ground & ideas to tighten hit restrictions would be a much better use of your time & energy.

14. I fully agree with batdog here and addressing hit ranges is something I mention frequently to anyone that even mentions why I don’t war anymore. Hit ranges haven’t been right since kaw released HF lands. And potions are litterally pointless anymore as one basic charm is more powerful than 13 attack pots.

15. I used to like both OSW and EE. The sad truth is OSW is dead, some of you just dont admit it. EE is also dead, and to be honest I dont see any point playing anymore. Devs destroyed every aspect besides ebs, which to me are completely useless as growing doesnt give anything without OSW or EE.

16. So you want to force people to war? That's defeating your title objective.

"Satisfy Everyone" "Force wars"

Yeah, no.

17. So I had a meeting with the marketing department at work today and during my conversation with them, micro-pay gaming was brought up. And in this conversation pvp style of gaming was brought up. We were talking about another tap game that did real well in the beginning and ran about 8 months and slowly died. The cause? They never diverted from pvp only play. It was brought up that pvp only is flawed by design.

Consider that a pvp only game is driven by players beating down there opponents. This means that by design the game is intended to destroy its own player base. The top tier will always be stronger than new players. The top will beat down there competition thus forcing them to quit overtime or bully smaller players. After a few months the money players will rise to the top and the F2P will be unable to keep up this making it no fun for them as they can’t advance on a pvp only basis. Then the top players lose interest because the people there size get bored and quit. The players smaller than them they can’t hit and if they can they just force them out of the game by being unable to retaliate. So had kaw never implemented EBs it never would have made it past year 3. Ebs give the casual players a reason to log in and they spend money offering the pvp base to continue to play. Just some food for thought.

18. Why war? There's nothing to war about. If there were scarse but essential resources that could only be divided through war, then I'd have a reason to fight. As it stands, warring is not efficient.

19. Lol no support as lowland wars suck i would just put one build up on lowland if they would make people do lowland wars so to bad for you lol

20. ATA profits were based on OSW ...PERIOD. And the vast majority of those profits are a result of collusion between those who did bot and ATA, anyone who thinks otherwise or cant see it is naive and/or a hypocrite. They sold out the long term for short term profits. If what Ecstasy posted on ATA profits for each game is accurate then this thing is really really over. 60k for Jan 2018 in game purchases for ATA ....what do you think they pay for the servers? Its no wonder there is no dev team for KAW anymore. They literally cant afford it.

Get contact info for the KAW friends you do want to keep in touch with. This is literally end times.

Im surprised Bruce still has a job