Make War Great Again

Discussion in 'Wars' started by l_lIIl-THEBLACK-SKlTTLE-lIIl_l, Feb 5, 2018.

1. So I got in contact with the devs yesterday over how poor the war matchups are these days and whats causing it... They told me to make a forum like this one to show other peoples opinions and ideas upon the topic, as they visit forums regularly.

When I got back into warring yesterday after a long break, I was very surprised to see how myself as a 90 to 100mil cs war build matched up against some players who were 400 to 500mil cs... When I checked I saw that there was only 3 wars ongoing, and with the massive diversity of stats these days, no wonder there are such bad matchups. My solution is if war was made popular again, after all, its kingdoms at war, not kingdoms at EB's.

Some of the issues that I see are:

-Equipment being OP these days to keep up with the huge stats that some players have, which means small players can also get that equipment and obtain huge stat advantages due to equipment stats not being affected by troop/spy percentages. This means that players who are casual kawers get left way behind and are unable to get a hold of those big advantages to help up their war game

- the sheer stat diversity in KaW these days, for quality matchups, you need a large number of war clans participating

- How KaW no longer gives war equipment, making war far less rewarding then simply hitting ebs, especially when you consider all the effort that goes in to co-ordinating a quality war team after matchups

-The general attitude from the war community. I've noticed, and did a while back to when I warred a long time ago, a general attitude of people fighting, bickering, and warring just to get enough actions and then thats it, only nowdays, that attitude has amplified x20 due to the terrible matchups and many accounts standing not much of a chance in hell. It really doesnt provide much insentive to stand and hold your ground even when losing like we did in the old days, because now to many it feels hopeless anyway.

Thankyou to all who have read my forum, and I do hope you all comment your opinions, ideas on what KaW should do to change this, and/or ideas on what else you like or don't like about the current KaW warring system. Its time we as the community made a stand to Make War Great Again!!

**Criticism should be kept constructive only**

2. 2015 called and they want their forum topic back.

3. They do not visit forums regularly.

4. Support, #makewarsgreatagain

5. War equip would revive EE again almost instantly, they threw pets in for top10 to encourage more to war yet most people can't war 3 wars a day like top10 warriors can.

6. what is war? is that a new eb?

7. As long as event items are given for losing , free for all will continue to kill war.

8. Are you implying that losers shouldn't get event tokens in Indi also or do you mean LL only?

If it's LL I'll support that idea.

9. In b4 locked for low effort

10. Support.

In all seriousness though.

If you want EE skirmish wars fixed you have to get more people to EE war first. There's no reason for DEVS to pay attention to an aspect of the game such a small percentage play. Just food for thought.

11. A small percentage play these days BECAUSE war needs fixing, many have given up and stopped warring, devs have the power to change this but they dont.

12. Solution :

Mix Low land rosters ... Similar to Indy

13. Forget lowland outright. War tiers matching all cs ranges. Let people war the build they worked for. However large or small that may be.

14. Doesnt work out, because:
    -Equipment is too OP
    -Stats are too insanely high
    You'd be looking at 20 people warring, tops.

15. Bring back war eq as a start with that u will see people war again who haven’t been and numbers will be better than it currently is , in saying that we need more war types all the war types are boring and repetitive and stale now . Also s7 would have been good too but that ship has sailed I assume lol

16. War LB should be separated into LL and Indy

17. NO
    NO
    NO

18. Wars truly will revive if they bring back war equip, if the devs tested it for just 1 event, they would see that. But to keep wars alive, we need a new war type because LL has been around for a couple years, or if they cant come up with a new war type then they do need to make it so losers dont get war tokens if lose a ll war. Also with the bfe, bfe should be counted as stats in indi just like bfa is, the smallest bracket has been taken over by drop builds or alts that get 40k each event and have good equip to wreck people who are bigger with worse equip. These arent even massive changes, theyre simple common sense ones that the devs should try out for 1 event or a shortened event to test it. No doubt that if they did, the amount of wars would be a lot more and a lot more fair in terms of the size difference.

19. War is dead due to exploits. As much as I hate to say it devs killed wars way back in the PWar days. When they switched to mith drops and introduced ebs to combat the pwar expolit. What happened there was they began to steer the objective of the game. Then they gained some ground with war EQ giving mith a purpose and decent war rewards. Then came the LB/midget expolit. That cut the warring community in half alone. Then when stats got tripled and the non War hit ranges we’re not fixed it drove people away from pvp altogether given you need 10T to upgrade banking in allies became more of a hassle driving more people away from war. They tried to combat that with LL wars which no one wanted cuz why spend money to have an edge only to have it taken away? Then they dropped War EQ and gave both winning and losing sides trophy’s for showing up and it actually became easier to do 1 unload on a regular eb than to sit around for 3 hrs to get 300 event items. The sad truth is there is no fix for wars because the idea of wars are flawed from 8 years ago. Just like the spy build was never intended to be a working build in the original game design. But it was never fixed and they tried to distract us instead digging a deeper and deeper hole. If you really want wars to be fix you need to first appeal to the devs to reduce non war hit ranges, incorporate a build standard (ie: set a maximum tower limit, a maximum spy building limit etc) to help prevent expoits. Or do something like random build type when you sign up for war that devs give you (was mentioned by someone I don’t remember who a few years back) but ultimately the entire game needs to be revamped from the bottom up (hit ranges, pots, cost to upgrade v stats gained etc.) before wars can even be revisited.

20. Well Ops all i can say is war has become less and less popular so match ups have larger cs ranges on all matches.

Without any annual War Tourneys it only leaves ppl for renewals mostly.

The incentives or opportunities simply do not exist anymore.