If warring system is so unfair ... it’s not fun

Discuss past and ongoing wars.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

If warring system is so unfair ... it’s not fun

Postby Tweets on Dec 12 2017, 8:05pm

War games should be fair to each user ... if one particular platform has unfair advantages over the rest ... than the game has failed ... pc users with their exploits and botting have a 10 to 1 advantage over everyone else...
so that being said I’m retiring from this game until warring system is fixed ...hopefully devs will pull their heads out of their asses and fix this once great game ... but until than ... I won’t hold my breath... good luck all :(
Tweets

Re: If warring system is so unfair ... it’s not fun

Postby Kakashi37 on Dec 12 2017, 8:07pm

Hey...I’ll see you tomorrow bud
Kakashi37

Postby -Pika- on Dec 12 2017, 8:16pm

Support
-Pika-

Postby Link on Dec 12 2017, 8:23pm

PC was part of kaw long before ee wars, u can’t just called out unfair just because you didnt war on pc. Doesn’t means other ppl cannot war on pc. 
Link

Postby XxX_eZiO_XxX on Dec 12 2017, 8:38pm

I see no mention about the game breaking gap that the leaderboard has over the rest of the game.

I see no difference in that gap and the pc versus phone speed gap. 3 actions a second is possible. Very possible. Spamming left click and space bar as fast as you can is easy.

Gaps in speed occur for various reasons.
Connection - the connection to the server is key for speed. The better your ping to kingdomsatwar.com the faster your actions will flow. On phone you have delayed feedback as your HANDHELD DEVICE processes the incoming and outgoing data. On PC the connection can be hard wired through an Ethernet cable. This makes connection easier.

The buttons - on phone the buttons that must be pressed are more spread out. One point on your screen. On pc you can hit spacebar to clear the message, and follow up almost instantaneously with a click to spam attacks.

I cannot reiterate this point enough. Every fraction of a second counts in this game. When the data flows from Your device to the server it is inputted and once again sent out; and not just to you. To everyone else in the game. This is what the loading screen processes. Every single input in a war takes time going from your device to the server and gets processed on your device. And that action is determined by your ping. And every actions travel speed is subjected to your connection.

If you’re on 3G, you’re going slow as hell; why? The load time. If you’re on LTE you’re good. You’re decently fast on connection.
WiFi gets tricky. Depends on your provider and how good it actually is. But it will generally be just as good as LTE or better. Yet as soon as you go hardline, it’s better. The connection is faster and faster.
Every fraction of the second from 1 action inputted to the server gets amplified and causes YOU to be faster based on the DEVICE and CONNECTION.

My conclusion, any attack faster than 3 seconds is suspicious. But then again I’ve never been on the famed super fast power of Virgin Gamer Pro+ or Google Fiber Optic.

Spy actions are a little different. Knowing the subject, I won’t go into that as much.
XxX_eZiO_XxX

Postby Valkyrie-IV on Dec 12 2017, 9:02pm

When I sent in reports of players doing 5 attacks per second during S6, support consistently told me that their server lags when displaying reports and that's why they appear bunched up like that and seem to be happening like that.

That said, I've faced my fair share of players that use 3rd party applications in their wars and after a while you can tell the difference.

The post above mine sums it up perfectly, with a decent Internet connection on a PC you easily get out 3 attacks a second by just spamming the space bar and the mouse's left click button. You can quickly switch between targets with your spacebar. As an attack build spamming a PS1 through my PC, I can easily catch their xtl a fraction of a second after they do it, which means I'd end up eating a good amount of it up. Sure, that'd maybe look suspicious, but that's just normal legit spamming on a PC

From what I understand, even a program that auto spams actions(ie,repeats a certain sequence of actions at a click) is invariably only as fast as the packet transmission speed between the client-server. Which is around the same as spamming your space bar and mouse.

So what I'm trying to say is that, what often appears to be suspicious activity is usually just a really fast player mashing out this keyboard and mouse.

Now, packet injection programs that can bypass the transmission back and forth handshake between the client-server is a whole different ball game. They're not very common on KaW, although they do exist.
Valkyrie-IV

Postby XxX_eZiO_XxX on Dec 12 2017, 9:39pm

Ecstasy wrote:When I sent in reports of players doing 5 attacks per second during S6, support consistently told me that their server lags when displaying reports and that's why they appear bunched up like that and seem to be happening like that.

That said, I've faced my fair share of players that use 3rd party applications in their wars and after a while you can tell the difference.

The post above mine sums it up perfectly, with a decent Internet connection on a PC you easily get out 3 attacks a second by just spamming the space bar and the mouse's left click button. You can quickly switch between targets with your spacebar. As an attack build spamming a PS1 through my PC, I can easily catch their xtl a fraction of a second after they do it, which means I'd end up eating a good amount of it up. Sure, that'd maybe look suspicious, but that's just normal legit spamming on a PC

From what I understand, even a program that auto spams actions(ie,repeats a certain sequence of actions at a click) is invariably only as fast as the packet transmission speed between the client-server. Which is around the same as spamming your space bar and mouse.

So what I'm trying to say is that, what often appears to be suspicious activity is usually just a really fast player mashing out this keyboard and mouse.

Now, packet injection programs that can bypass the transmission back and forth handshake between the client-server is a whole different ball game. They're not very common on KaW, although they do exist.

Which is easier to be seen through ebs which hold a log of all data dispersed to public eye. And war logs showed the same thing in fact. But for some unknown reason got taken down.

As for the massive “packets” of inc players sometimes get bogged down and sent all at once. This is something I’ve deducted is caused by the lag loading onto our device.
XxX_eZiO_XxX

Postby xXD3mOnXx on Dec 12 2017, 10:08pm

Ecstasy wrote:When I sent in reports of players doing 5 attacks per second during S6, support consistently told me that their server lags when displaying reports and that's why they appear bunched up like that and seem to be happening like that.

On attacks, there are people who can spam out more than 5 attacks per second. Just takes close to 0 ping. Speed isnt everything though, with the delay and lag that just gets worse and worse on pc, autoing is a lost cause. Unless you're in vros, phone should be fine. As far as indis go, they're won at matchup because of insane build gaps 99% of the time.
xXD3mOnXx

Postby Yogurt on Dec 12 2017, 11:23pm

You could also set your clock rate to be faster than normal, making the ui run by a lot faster and saving a few milliseconds. Problem is youd probably go out of sync with the server and have to restart quite often. Not going to confirm if this can be done for kaw, but I've seen it done for other apps and that leads me to think it can be done here too.
Yogurt

Postby lllllKllUllRllillSIlUlllll on Dec 13 2017, 1:36am

Is that the second lb to quit/cry over getting rekt in indi? loool
lllllKllUllRllillSIlUlllll
2015 ASW Champion

Next

Return to Wars