Fixing wars

Discussion in 'Wars' started by BaldEagleJones, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Let me start off with a simple question...

If thier was no rewards for eb events would you participate in them?

If so go get some help if you would not let's take a deeper dive.

If you wouldn't participate in a event with no payout why would we do it with wars... Hmm very fond question indeed. These apes say "people don't want war" and the short answer is why spend hours warring for nothing. That's like saying ata work but don't get payed...

What we need is a new payout system. Yes we need new equip and silver bars BUT they need to be different from event. If the same equip is from eb event people still won't war. After we get numbers back revamp war, bring back the classic ol times.

Make it new. Add ee6 maybe win streak bonus idk.

I'm just a simple kawer sad to see wars dead. This is the root of the problem I hope you can see light into it.

3. Can’t fix system war the right way unless they even the playing field of pc vs phone users

5. Because ATA really never intended this to be a competitive "war game" to begin with ...it's a thinly disguised chat room

6. There isn't any thing to be evened out, people who war on pc get an advantage as they go out of their way to get to it. I don't see the problem

7. Agreed but let's talk about better rewards

8. Should be the best equipment should be with warriors and give them something to do with all this worthless mithril.
    Doesn't matter to me much anymore cause new war times don't work for me

9. this

its why majority of people stopped warring. Most dont have easy access to pc and who wants to war when they will be at a disadvantage

i get why pc warriors dont want to lose their advantage, but fact is if you wanna save wars and up participation you gotta even the field

no amount of extra rewards will entice people to war at a disadvantage

10. You sound like you're not aware it's a furniture trading game?

11. A lot of these threads get made and nothing happens so why even try.

12. Sigh, everyone jumping to the conclusion that PC use has killed off war are delusional. Removal of exclusive war equip rewards for t100/t50/t10 alone has sliced participation in indi by a half at the least, even more for lowland which is pretty much dead now.

13. Pretty much, back when estoc trials first came everyone wanted the equip because it was the strongest but now there is no incentive ti war over EB unless you're full build.

14. It’s a combination,top 500 would get the event equipment top 10 would get the strongest event equipment,but have to war like 9 hours a day for 12 days....who does that?
    In the end it was pc users that got the reward anyway cause they are better competitors.
    I war on pc it’s night and day in terms of speed it’s not fair to have the system war on 2 platforms when the game is by far is a mobile game by popularity

15. I just don’t see dangling out a better reward or more event items to a group of people that have an advantage of most of the competition in system wars

16. Easy solution. Phone users do ebs and PC users do wars.

17. PC users have always had something of an advantage in wars, but really it’s the evolution of the war format, strategies and builds in war that have led to the disparity between pc and phone.

Primal/LL war formats removed ally bonus from attack plunder, allowing hansel builds to become more dominant and encouraging a “dump on open and spam regen” style of war. This made speed of actions the dominant determinant of warring ability.

Even in Indy where ally bonus is still in effect we see more dump and spam type wars. 2-3 years ago a leak hansel would be berated for even joining an indy war, whereas now they are commonplace and no one blinks an eye.

In the first 3-4 seasons speed and pc play always helped, and there were certain clans that were infamous for their errr...speed. But they were far from unbeatable and the speed didn’t decide the wars. Yes they helped in adv style dive wars and on repins, but it wasn’t often the deciding factor.

Don’t blame pc, blame the war format.

Want a simple fix in LL wars? Put ally bonus back in and see how many spam wars remain!

18. Lowland was suppose to be the alternative to ally bfa wars letting everyone war,any low land build can compete
    15 pc users vs 15 average players on mixed platforms are nearly unbeatable in low land so that needs to be addressed with some solution

19. That’s not quite right historically, and the way we got to this point does matter.

Primal wars were introduced stripping bfa and ally bonus as a way to end roster stacking of ssh paired with lb players dominating the competition and squeezing all others out of the war system.

This worked for a while until a strategy developed for primals to use zted hansels as a viable roster, introducing the need to track regen times and the need for huge speed on both sides (hansels to get down fast on open and not leak regens and hitters to get those tough hits on hansels).

One clan was able to assemble the biggest warring hansels in kaw and dominate the competition, and war just became out of reach for anyone not associated with that clan. War participation died.

So devs introduces ll wars so that size didn’t matter. But they left the same primal mechs in place, making the focus be on speed.

With an even playing field in terms of rostering, speed became the most valuable asset a clan could have, and it became a race to see who could be the fastest, forcing people to focus on that rather than anything else.

It’s the format that is the problem. Instead of really rethinking the system, devs again and again have acted like the Dutch boy at the dike plugging holes in the war system to get to where we are today.

And they know it. They’ve stopped even trying.

20. I reckon a better way is to appeal straight to ata through the “help” button