WARS. KaW devs make them more worthwhile

Discuss past and ongoing wars.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: WARS. KaW devs make them more worthwhile

Postby Sully on Oct 28 2017, 10:18am

The solution to low war participation may have to be less wars.

If wars were just two days a week, say Wednesday and Saturday, with 3-4 war times spread out over those entire days so you could participate in more than one a day if you so chose and most major time zones are accommodated.

This will help participation as people can plan around them and avoid burnout, all while condensing all the participants to participating on a shorter timeline. Maybe even start with only one day a week if turnout is low, only increasing days with wars of participation dictates it.

There also needs to proper incentives and rewards to encourage participation. People will war just because the like to war, many more people will war if the incentive is there suck as unique equipment, charms or furniture lol.

Even at one day a week with most people participating in two of the wars on that given day, the potential for 4-8 week season type systems is perfectly viable.

In the end starting with one day of high participation solid warring and building from there is better in my opinion than daily dismal participation and therefore not good matchups and bad wars resulting in lower participation and worse wars as time goes on.
Sully

Postby TAN__PinkFlash--EchoShock__GRA on Oct 28 2017, 12:22pm

I used to absolutely love warring, I never thought I would stop doing indi wars, but now I barley ever do them, this game is ded but It can get better if time is invested into something other then ebs and events.
TAN__PinkFlash--EchoShock__GRA

Postby Faust on Oct 28 2017, 1:35pm

TAN__PinkFlash--EchoShock__GRA wrote:I used to absolutely love warring, I never thought I would stop doing indi wars, but now I barley ever do them, this game is ded but It can get better if time is invested into something other then ebs and events.

People say this yet we always get ebs that can me paid to open, even the newest ebs including the old man 5.0 costs circles, we haven't had the chance to get the good old "here is a free __ to open the eb". The new one released yst you can buy for nobs. We haven't had a new high paying FREE eb in what? A year? 
Faust
2016 ASW Champion

Postby hunter_killer on Oct 29 2017, 10:49pm

TheWolfOfKaWStreet wrote:
Odd-Eyes_Pendulum_Dragon wrote:Want a chair to decorate your castle and make it pretty?

I'd personally like a pond by my castle where I can fish

I want a moat where I can dunk witches
hunter_killer

Postby Succubus_LILITH on Oct 30 2017, 2:22pm

-grizzy- wrote:Ee has to many cheaters for rewards. The rewards bring out more cheaters making wars suck even more than they do now. War for fun people that's why you play this game right? If its not fun don't do it.

how are they cheating when theres no rules broken
Succubus_LILITH

Postby Swabia on Oct 30 2017, 6:24pm

I’m surprised they have not monetized war yet.

They’d have a collect the whole set with war if it had a money model.
Swabia

Postby Nighthawk_FPBO_1 on Oct 31 2017, 11:41am

TAN__PinkFlash--EchoShock__GRA wrote:I used to absolutely love warring, I never thought I would stop doing indi wars, but now I barley ever do them, this game is ded but It can get better if time is invested into something other then ebs and events.

Yes you were constantly warring as i was. Hopefully not dead just a long lull.

Those that argue wars don’t make money are also forgetting the Hardcore Warriors play EB’s in non war times. Just using big EB’s as an example those people who take time out to play a two hour war return to hitting EB’s can set alarms to do for unloads. Hitting GotH/LotL requires no xtals hence no money. Those who hit P2P EB’s will still continue to do so. Max xtal daily on open chests for 2hrs pretty much ends the revenue stream from an individual to ATA. Wars suffer mostly due to they r lumped into eb events. The rewards as in EQ is not available to war play style ppl that is comparable to events. The heavy tilt towards eb’s is where we are at while we lack any true war events.

Why is it war cannot have its own identity and reward tiers?
Nighthawk_FPBO_1

Postby Nighthawk_FPBO_1 on Oct 31 2017, 12:09pm

Just spitballing now...

Could system wars not be the venue for changes where Warriors can team up?
This essentially is a DRAFT WAR.

Offer up reward tiers and format options where opponents choose and agree upon.

Options being:
- duration eg 1,2,4 or 6hrs
- rewards tiers eg EQ points
- clan size 15,20 or 25
- other misc ideas as ppl see as needed

To address sandbaggers would be the real challenge so FFA wars are mitigated.
How to do this is open for discussion.

I’ll start it off with my idea as a non-xtalling clan receives no rewards. From that starting point more input from the war community is needed to help minimize exploiting.
Nighthawk_FPBO_1

Postby Almightystevie on Oct 31 2017, 12:14pm

Surely they can have war charm style things u can enchant with mith like old equip was , make them % based so never become irrelevant and always better than legends equip
Almightystevie

Postby Nighthawk_FPBO_1 on Oct 31 2017, 12:22pm

Almightystevie wrote:Surely they can have war charm style things u can enchant with mith like old equip was , make them % based so never become irrelevant and always better than legends equip

Thats an interesting idea as long as its a war/pvp oriented only EQ. It definitely worth exploring and figuring out how it can be applied and devised in an equitable way

I refer to war/pvp (conflict) only so as there is a separation of War and EB’s.

Could a continuous Rancor points system be an incentive?
12 EQ slots and the amount of warring needed to fill up all the EQ and enchant could take quite awhile and be fun whilst we earn our CONFLICT EQ.

Possible war names:
Crusaders of the Realms
Mercenary Wars
Nighthawk_FPBO_1

PreviousNext

Return to Wars