WARS. KaW devs make them more worthwhile

Discuss past and ongoing wars.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

WARS. KaW devs make them more worthwhile

Postby GOLDEN-MINOTAUR on Oct 26 2017, 11:18pm

It’s in the title. This is no longer a war game. it’s awful.
GOLDEN-MINOTAUR

Re: WARS. KaW devs make them more worthwhile

Postby Odd-Eyes_Pendulum_Dragon on Oct 26 2017, 11:20pm

Want a chair to decorate your castle and make it pretty?
Odd-Eyes_Pendulum_Dragon

Postby Kasama on Oct 26 2017, 11:22pm

Revamp pvp first, then fix the warring system
Kasama

Postby Faust on Oct 26 2017, 11:29pm

Ee is dead. No season 7. This event kills EE more than ever as one NEEDS to hit ebs for eq. The previous attempt at this at the tide of woe event had eb drops as rewards for top 10/50/100 war. T10 got 100 k, 50 like 50? And 100 30 or something. As people are forced to hit ebs less people ee meaning less LL and less people in indi which makes brackets 14-15 ppl big down to 10-12 making every bracket worse off. Ee doesn't make money ebs do so don't expect anything else from the devs they know that they are killing wars with no war eq in MONTHS why they restricted eq to eb only. It's all about profit.
Faust
2016 ASW Champion

Postby GOLDEN-MINOTAUR on Oct 26 2017, 11:36pm

Great points. I’d like to pvp with a chair leg I rip off from that fruit who answered first. WAR game? Bah. Pathetic.
DEVS I made a mistake. More completely useless garbage please that I can pay money for. I have a few pies of irrelevance. Please add, cash spend of meaningless pie. I need it.
More lots and lots of nonsense.
That’ll def work
GOLDEN-MINOTAUR

Postby GOLDEN-MINOTAUR on Oct 26 2017, 11:38pm

Begrudgingly Faust is correct
GOLDEN-MINOTAUR

Postby Zesty_X on Oct 27 2017, 4:47am

This furniture business is childish and completely irrelevant to the game we signed up to play get rid of it !

There was a time you allowed us to vote for something as a community, I can't remember what for now maybe names for roles in a clan.

Could you not list ten things your considering working on and let us vote on what is a priority to us as a community? Let us decide where you take this game next!?
Zesty_X

Postby Ecstasy on Oct 27 2017, 5:01am

ATABruce wrote:
Ecstasy wrote:
1. The Lowland war system needs an update. Ever since war rewards have been taken out participation has died down. There's barely one serious clan doing LL these days. The rest are FFA clans that exploit the free 300 items for doing 60 actions. The war system is essentially dead. I cannot highlight enough how important a decent war system is. You're losing an entire chunk of the community that likes system wars.

Lowland wars always had low participation. We are open to trying new things with war, but every change has always been met with low participation (and by that I do not mean that every change eventually results in low participation, I mean not that many people even try them). That is why it has not been prioritized.

I've said it before but I think ATA doesn't play their own games.
There's a considerable chunk of dedicated warriors that war, that chased the Prizmai war events and the other ones.
I still see some of some warring for the sake of it, because they like warring even though ATA has essentially taken away all incentive to war.

From a development PoV, ATA has x amount of resources and time they can dedicate to something. Unfortunately they reason that putting effort into things like furnishings and trading would be more lucrative than a better war system.

It's disappointing we haven't had S7 this year and wars have been totally sidelined. I do believe if the devs were to show interest in putting out a better war system, you'd have players willing to try.

I'm not defending ATA's decision to ignore wars, but look at it this way. Hypothetically say they had 100 hours of manpower to put into KaW development. If trading, furnishings and the showcase took 100 hours put together and revamping/fixing the war system took 100 hours on its own. They'd focus on the former. That's how they prioritise updates and what they work on. Based on what they think would be the most lucrative while including the most number of players.
Last edited by Ecstasy on Oct 27 2017, 5:13am, edited 2 times in total.
Ecstasy

Postby TheWolfOfKaWStreet on Oct 27 2017, 5:09am

Odd-Eyes_Pendulum_Dragon wrote:Want a chair to decorate your castle and make it pretty?

I'd personally like a pond by my castle where I can fish
TheWolfOfKaWStreet

Postby lllllllDexterllllllll on Oct 27 2017, 5:14am

I predict the biggest decline of this game once more accounts reach the deepmines. Devs have made it so you pretty much have to do Trains or spend big on Black Friday. I for one am not taking their bait and spending more
lllllllDexterllllllll

Next

Return to Wars