botting in ee is ruining a good thing

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Sanctuary, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If your tired of being killed by bots in LL and Indi hit me up on my wall. Want to see how many care

2. I've never heard of anyone botting in ee.

3. Agree with op. Not even sure how this is fun for the people who 'auto click'. Or as they like to call it 'facilitating tap tap'.

But it certainly is no fun for anyone else.

A shame.

4. Between all these auto clickers,

the game becomes one of:

Who has the best ping? Who has the closest connection to the KaW server?

And who can knock out each other first, or self knock out?

It's naive to think that you can win such a game by being a mere human. The only way you can win is through your creativity. And where does that belong in a clicker game like KaW?

5. For those wondering people use programs or whatever to click attack 100 times a second or whatever and before you blink you're pinned and can't do anythingn

6. What is the point of cheating in a game? I don't get that ...

Let me correct myself. Where is the fun in cheating in a game?

7. Agree. Only thing I came up with when I thought about it - is that maybe some people perversely derive pleasure from ruining the experience for other people.

8. For those bot makers, it's in the pleasure of dominating other programmers.

For the bot users, it's in the pleasure of seeing who has the best bot or who has the best ping.

Your ping affects how fast the game responds to you.

Every clicker game can be hacked but one that streams to a live real-world time server is especially juicy as a target for these PC programmers to flex.

If the game moves to Swift or Java exclusively for iOS and Android and scraps Flash on PC,

You get rid of the stubborn C++ programmers or script users who buy their programs,

but it is harder to find good mobile development programmers who are willing to spend so much time just to create a program that allows them to automate actions on an Android emulator.

Besides, every Android emulator you can download yourself is loaded with viruses and malware. Expect your computer to slow down considerably after downloading it.

Getting rid of PC version is good for human players who aren't so quick to resort to using automated action scripts.

Getting rid of PC KaW is bad for human players who don't have the money to spend on seals or circles and xtals for HTE and ZTA, so they create 40 alts to help them do their LOTL/GOTH rotations.

Get rid of botters and non spenders = get rid of PC playable version of KaW.

9. But the devs have stated already that botting is no longer as big of a problem.

Which means that they may leave PC playable version up while they pool their resources to focus on newer ATA games.

10. Guy is openly advertising his program in active topics on forums, I've broken down why I think it is a bot from the list of features

One feature appears to admit it unloads troops for you in the beginning

Blatant cheating, we will see what devs decide, it's their game to ruin

11. No, I'm an invested player and educated observer.

Yes, go ahead and throw baseless accusations as you like, forum keyboard warrior.

Because that's what you are.

Yet,

Checking your post history and the way players have responded to your forum threads, you have 0 to zilch credibility in these forums.

The irony.

12. I guess you're talking about me? Lol

Keyboard forum warrior? Have you noticed my little build?

I'm going to hire you just so you never grow lol

People love my threads, I get people talking about real topics not just cartoons, cynics are everywhere, that don't stop me

For example; I was agreeing with you and you think it's some kind of attack lol

I can't and have no interest in controlling people's thoughts or beliefs/opinions

But this isn't about me, guy is advertising his program in forums and I've pointed it out

That is the problem

Is wrecking the already messed up war system

Is up to the devs to decide if it's against the rules

If not? Everyone needs to install it because that's the only way it will be fair

13. You state that you're agreeing with me after the fact.

Very convenient of you.

14. And which "guy" are you referring to?

Please be more specific.

15. Just so that it doesn't have to be ironic that,

I point out the way you attempt to threaten me with such a weak threat as keeping me from growing by hiring me, and I attempt to unfold your personality.

But it doesn't have to be that way.

It's my fault, really, I should've asked who you were referring to.

16. Htlfreak thread in active topics

17. Yeah well you seem to discriminate against me for participating in forums, I figured if I'm your owner you might drop your build or something hilarious

You can check my wall, and has anyone ever thanked you for commenting on a thread or posting a topic?

Idk these people but I had an impact and that is huge accomplishment I'm proud of, this being the interwebs and such

Anyway here is the thread I mentioned, maybe it's cheating maybe it's not, the devs make that decision

You can set me comment around page 5 I guess, if you are interested

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=178592

18. Please stop talking about bots, Next thing will start talking aboud old mans eb...

Like Who comes up with The eb names

19. I think autoclicking is more a symptom of the problem than the disease itself.

It's time to change the war format in such a way that discourages the reliance on autoclicking, namely take away the incentive for wars and builds that look to dive quickly on open and for the opposition to spam them like crazy.

Autoclickers have been around a long time but they are now more essential to winning than ever because of how the strategies and builds have evolved.

Here's a few ideas that will reduce reliance on bots, some more extreme than others:

1. Bring ally bonus back to ll wars.

2. Don't allow a player at zero troops to perform an action until 2 seconds after the regen: ppl won't zt as much and you won't need any programme to smack them after they regen!

3. Reduce action rewards in wars to make winning more important than just showing up and performing a few actions. Discourage anti-competitive behaviour: stop Ffa wars and Indy builds and players not looking to win.

20. How would you stop ffa, other than having moderators police them.

The is no way to know what clan is ffa besides their ads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.