The truth behind modern day osw

Discussion in 'Wars' started by xiX_JoHn_WicK_Xix, May 23, 2017.

1. The devs have 100% ruined osw. I've been in constant osw for the past 4-5 years (some more fun than others). The fact of the matter is that this game is solely based on events now. If you don't do events your equipment falls beyond to where stats are worthless. Nobody really keeps any p&z for days on end anymore. Strips under 1q don't matter anymore as gold is so easy to come by. Clans like kotfe will hit, but ultimately once again HAVE to do eb to keep up. Clans like newb age legends however all just talk run by 1-2 people busy sitting in hte clans and giving absolutely 0 action. One clan I can respect would be kip, they have no where near enough fire power without outside help, however you can strip them all you want and they still have fun with the game. But ultimately moral of the story OSW is DEAD

2. Yep. You're 100% right. No point really going on about it as there's not much that can be done to change it amymore.

3. What is osw??

4. Unless there's some radical change as to how allies work, there is no real point to a strip anymore

5. Besides going off the topic of your own thread by insulting other clans,it's not dead if you don't evolve with the game.Yes it's dead in the way of how it was 3-4 years ago before hte.But that was 3-4 years ago...you just realize that now or?
    Osw at the top 500 lvl playing field is very much alive if you want it to be it's just not cheap,hitting an enemy double cruxed on a train and stripping quads is modern day osw.

6. Osw has been dead for a long time.....people post more insults on walls,forums and wc than they do actions on there enemies....it's a shame

7. Should one really make an "osw is dead" thread with 5000 steals?

8. Talks about how osw is dead while in HTE clan

9. Zzz always a loud mouth.... aren't you a notorious runner?

10. I guess that's better than a nobody that's never really osw'd

11. My feed always open, I'll visit yours if you don't visit mine

12. Cool story gurl,just answered your question tho I'm sorry you're mad, but I guess I don't have to worry about you stripping me mr 5k steals  @ you pootin

13. The title is misleading. There are no truths uncovered.
    And i have never been in osw and i have the 5k steal badge aswell :)

14. true but why dont you apoc coordinate and keep zaft pinned and z for a day if you guys are soo great :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. @op

Osw isn't dead, its changed, you are of a dying breed , osw as it was before events is impossible and anyone who tries to keep to the traditions of hardcore osw as it was before events will be wiped out

This is now a game of survival and you must adapt to survive.

16. You have 120,000+ steals right? Thats a max of what 25-30 steals per bar or 18 (with out hf)
    Thats easily over 4,000~approx 8,000 unloads for just steals

*edits *i may also be a noob, and it may be 12-18 steals per fb, which is like 8-10k steal full bars(120,000+ steals)

For reference, one year is 8766 hours( or unloads)

Props chub, for this out dated achievement (you probs got much more than 120k), you'd have to full bar steal someone every hour of every day for over a year

17. 4-5 years of Constant OSW with less then 6k losses??

Really??

Really?

C'mon now....

18. The fact your that big and have that many battle wins and so few battle losses, just proves you know nothing of what you are talking about. This thread should be locked for derailing by op

19. Osw is definitely different now, but it's not a sudden change, it started happening years ago.

Up until about 3 months ago, I had been retired for about 2.5 years. My last osw was about 3 years ago, but the story is the same. The opposing clan leader lamented that fighting was counterproductive because we were all "falling behind."

Mind you, his "falling behind" remark was in response to the newly minted Scorpios eb series, along with its shiny new items.

Today, it's the godforged ruby blade. If you don't have it, you're at a disadvantage. In ee and pvp anyway. Though plenty of eb players 'need' it as well.

In current day kaw, even the most bloodthirsty clan will become discouraged when they see that a day of hard work is erased when their opponent full xstals a few ztas. Pots and strips mean almost nothing. Cash is generated so easily that I can get back to 15k sdp in a day. Allies take a little longer, but it's still disproportionately easy to reload.

The only way for osw for the masses to work again is to bring fear back. Fear of strips namely. And the only way to do that is for everyday players to have the ability to generate quads of gold for strip banks while they "keep up."

I've mentioned this in another thread, but we need another way to bank our gold--not in a way that penalizes us, but rather incentivizes us to save.

We need some kind of interest bearing savings mechanism with daily compounding interest.

Talk about fear. Within a month, you'd have huge banks everywhere. Having huge bfa would take some hutzpah once again. People would actually think before they trolled wc. Kaw would have a little more chaos and excitement.

Interest savings would be good for osw and good for the kawconomy.

It'll probably never happen though. It would be complex. Some players would be annoyed. ATA would probably have to hire a consulting economist. And it would likely be bad for the ATA bottom line.

But I can dream at least.