Discuss past and ongoing wars.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Addressing the War Community

Postby Elon_Musk on Mar 12 2017, 2:37pm

Dear botters LOL
Elon_Musk

Postby xXP_really_shadowy_enigma_3Xx on Mar 12 2017, 2:37pm

[ATA]Caster wrote:'Sup guys, Caster here. So, I would like to use this thread as sort of an opportunity to tell you a little bit about botting and how it's perceived on our end. Hopefully it will clarify some things.

First of all, not everyone who you think is botting, is actually botting. Ashaya put it quite nicely couple pages back. There might be a number of reasons why something completely normal might be perceived as botting on your end. There might be a delay in notifications which will result in notices getting stacked and making it look like all actions happened in one second. There might be a lag on your end that you won't be able to notice. In regular, not war, PvP cases, you might get attacked by a bunch of people at the same time making it look like you got attacked by an unknown player gajillion times in one second.

Second, at times we are limited when it comes to prosecuting this kind of stuff. Banning is a temporary solution, since, as you guys mentioned, it doesn't take too long for botters to just get another alt and sign-up for LL war. Our devs are looking into possible solutions for that, and your suggestions are invaluable, so keep it up!

Third, dear botters who are reading this. You are really obvious.

So, what can you guys do about it? How can you help? REPORT THEM! Seriously, if you are convinced that someone is botting, just let us know their EXACT ACCOUNT NAMES and we will look into that. It's that simple. We cannot guarantee that your accusations are right and that we will immediately ban them, but we can at least start monitoring them for suspicious activity.

I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread, because there's some useful stuff here!

And finally, stop derailing this thread into a spite match. Turning this discussion into an accusation battle helps no one and only weakens everyone's argument. Play nice, okay?

When even mods think we bot

Rip in peace
xXP_really_shadowy_enigma_3Xx

Postby Theseus on Mar 12 2017, 2:39pm

Smh
Theseus
2017 ASW Champion

Postby oG-Cyrin on Mar 12 2017, 2:39pm

oSky wrote:
[ATA]Caster wrote:'Sup guys, Caster here. So, I would like to use this thread as sort of an opportunity to tell you a little bit about botting and how it's perceived on our end. Hopefully it will clarify some things.

First of all, not everyone who you think is botting, is actually botting. Ashaya put it quite nicely couple pages back. There might be a number of reasons why something completely normal might be perceived as botting on your end. There might be a delay in notifications which will result in notices getting stacked and making it look like all actions happened in one second. There might be a lag on your end that you won't be able to notice. In regular, not war, PvP cases, you might get attacked by a bunch of people at the same time making it look like you got attacked by an unknown player gajillion times in one second.

Second, at times we are limited when it comes to prosecuting this kind of stuff. Banning is a temporary solution, since, as you guys mentioned, it doesn't take too long for botters to just get another alt and sign-up for LL war. Our devs are looking into possible solutions for that, and your suggestions are invaluable, so keep it up!

So, what can you guys do about it? How can you help? REPORT THEM! Seriously, if you are convinced that someone is botting, just let us know their EXACT ACCOUNT NAMES and we will look into that. It's that simple. We cannot guarantee that your accusations are right and that we will immediately ban them, but we can at least start monitoring them for suspicious activity.

And finally, stop derailing this thread into a spite match. Turning this discussion into an accusation battle helps no one and only weakens everyone's argument. Play nice, okay?

The original op is an accusation.
oG-Cyrin

Postby Elon_Musk on Mar 12 2017, 2:39pm

I swear the devs know nothing about their own game, cant release lands without problems can barely copy and paste events and now cant realize how dead their EE community is that when the few good warriors get together they are "under investigation" for two weeks
Elon_Musk

Postby xXP_really_shadowy_enigma_3Xx on Mar 12 2017, 2:41pm

xXP_3Xx_Swift-Assassin_xXP_3Xx wrote:I swear the devs know nothing about their own game, cant release lands without problems can barely copy and paste events and now cant realize how dead their EE community is that when the few good warriors get together they are "under investigation" for two weeks
xXP_really_shadowy_enigma_3Xx

Postby The_son_of_Persephone on Mar 12 2017, 2:41pm

xXP_3Xx_Swift-Assassin_xXP_3Xx wrote:I swear the devs know nothing about their own game, cant release lands without problems can barely copy and paste events and now cant realize how dead their EE community is that when the few good warriors get together they are "under investigation" for two weeks

I take offense to that
The_son_of_Persephone

Postby oG-Roro on Mar 12 2017, 2:41pm

oG-Roro

Postby oG-Cyrin on Mar 12 2017, 2:42pm

oG-Roro wrote:
oG-Cyrin

Postby oG-Ocean on Mar 12 2017, 2:42pm

You guys don't even know your own game mechanics lol + you should update tou if we're allowed to report abuse and defame people on forums now ty
oG-Ocean

PreviousNext

Return to Wars