On Tower Builds...

Discussion in 'Wars' started by joe_, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Maybe dev can do match up Tower build vs Tower build sounds interesting right, so who will win ? 

2. Hmmmm joe.

3. Seems Strategy and clan leadership makes the biggest difference in war...
    You can win with most builds against any build if used properly...

4. This thread has run it's course. Devs have made changes as they saw fit.

As such, I ask that the community to let this thread die, as there is currently no realistic or viable reason to discuss the topic further.

Many thanks to all who supported the change. To those who did not, I wish you the best in your endeavors.

In this game, for me, it's rarely personal. My motto has, for a very long time, been, "when you make it personal, you've already lost."

Let this thread take its place in lore wherever it ends up with that in mind.

In the end, it was the community, not myself who responded. That affected the change, not me, all of You.

~joe_ Order of the Fox

5. Yes this thread is over, because dev already fix it

6. OH MY GOT!!

Taka still has tower build!!
    That's why this crazy plunder:)

7. Hi joe_. You say it is never personal, but we know the truth 

8. In defense of Joe, I once kept him pinned for a significant amount of time while in Alpha a long time ago.

The Joe you see and fight is the representative figure he portrays as a game personality.

In private, as an order member, and leader he is an intensely dedicated friend to all of us in Foxes.

His dealings with those outside of family, are discussed always, and are in fact, never personal. 

9. I shouldn't say anything, Willy, seeing how I am only a guest and did not war here, but I find your reply completely disingenuous. I have to ask would you and joe and giskard not be on this very forum thread crowing with exuberant schadenfreude if taka had lost a war this weekend? Heck, I can imagine the verbiage if the margins in the wars were smaller than they ended up.

10. Joe- it's not over yet till the fat lady sings.

Tower builds are still a rash which need scratching. If their BFA is too high they're still a force to be reckoned with.

The % has changed from 40% to 75% as per 1Ate7's explanation. They've done their homework.

Tower Builds are NOW great for hitting on Guild Hansels and still no one can break their backs/banks.
    ~ The Devs humor are palpable
    ~ a play on the current OSW (iG/BH/War/KotFE Families vs LR/ALPHA/Regulator Families)

11. And in EE Wars if the other side has one or two Tower Builds just ignore n KO the rest. That's the fastest way to plunder n win the war.

Unless half the clan is Tower Builds like Taka, then they're a force to be reckoned with and need to be killed using Huge Attack builds n Hansels

12. I think at 75% towers they wouldn't be very useful in war ee or otherwise ... Given that most wars are won by plunder not just ko .. And at 75% towers they make crap for plunder and decreased hit power .. With their cs beinging accounted for in matchups att builds to match them would have high att

The problem was for their invinceablity in wars they had very little draw back .. Now that's not the case draw backed are huge

This leaves the ability to use the tower build mechanic in osw and for banks and should keep both sides happy

13. @Pummellor

Disingenuous? There is nothing in what I said that was directed to Taka, nor am I gloating.

Taka is and has been an amazingly coordinated force. I have stated this on many occasions.

Now, I completely have ignored the shots and jabs thrown my way for my opposition to the build. Now that I have the justification, knowing that what Joe, myself, and many others have argued as unfair was heard was changed by ATA, I offer this to you...

Taka has proven with or without a tower build they can still smash anyone they've faced. Much respect.

But don't call me "disingenuous". Find another big word to describe me that makes sense.

14. Bump for Camoflaged

15. I want a tower,when i grow up...