YAFI WAR MECHANICS

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Os-Ghost_Of_Postal, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yafi War Mechanics:

Many people look at Yafi's constant and perpetual starting of ____ for wars and their clans biggest deterrent from fighting Yafi is the fact that they are concerned the entire clan will stagnate and die fighting a competitor who doesn't care and has nothing to lose. Not true, not true. I decided to take some time and write up Yafi war mechanics to help all of KAW better understand this brilliant Yafian strategy and (by proxy) better understand why Osiris is having such fun stomping the beejeesuz out of them and taking none of this seriously. The old methodology of YAFI may have once instilled some concern, at least, but KAW has changed and (in doing so) has effectively reduced the Yafian strategy to a hilarious and thoroughly entertaining tromp in a field of daisies.

This is not a perfect thread, and im not arguing over penny differentials or mistakes. The point of this thread is obvious.

First and foremost let's look at the Yafian strip mechanics. In the prior days of KAW, those who sought glory and LeaderBoard status accumulated allies for BFA. Anyone shopping for a KAW account always looked down the list and in veritably looked at total ally value. Well, since KAW completely screwed this game up with EB prevalence, enchantable items, new pots, reduction in ally numbers, devs resetting inactive allies, removal of reset bonuses, etc. etc. etc., ally values have plummeted. With the introduction of T5, thousands more dropped allies to generate gold for upgrades. After all, the stats value of the upgrades is higher than the stats value of the allies being dropped. So, unlike the the old days, you actually move up the roster by dropping allies, rather than going down the roster. In addition, people have been leaving KAW in droves and going inactive or selling their accounts for pennies on the dollar compared to what they used to bring. What does this mean to strip mechanics, you ask? Well, I will show you. A 2.5 trillion gold strip can be replaced (and has been replaced) with 350 billion in allies of today market prices, stats for stats, BFA for BFA. So effectively, allies of yesterday are worth (in stats and gold value) 1/7th what they worth 6-8 months ago. Why would you hang onto a one trillion gold ally who's stats are equal to a free EB electric bow, some free inferno, and some free aqua? Some noob has the bow and punches through that trillion gold BFA like butter…

Lets take a look at what a 3 trillion gold strip costs Yafi:
    First, they need to generate the gold from their terrorizing bunker accounts used to scare the heck of EB clans for years. How can they do that? Their banks are full of inactive, overpriced, dead allies. Only one way…drop. So they drop 5 trillion in allies to generate 3 trillion in strip funds. They then strip out 3 trillion in mostly overpriced, inactive, dead allies. While doing so, they burn $450 in real life money in xstals. What did they get for their money? 1.7 trillion value in allies they have to drop to get any gold out of. WAIT! And they have to talk smack in forums for a couple of weeks while they wait the 15 days before dropping them, or they will lose 95% of the investment. So now, let's recap: 5 trillion in banked allies has now become 1.7 trillion in gold, plus they spent $450 in real life money to get it. Half the price of buying nobs for the same gold, yes, but the whole clan has paid the price for a silly expenditure that isn't collectively in one account…it's spread out across all the strippers. So, how do you get the 1.7 trillion back into the bank? Well, you have options:
    1) You can OSF farm your own clan members with your bank.
    2) You can buy nobs. $800 dollars USA will replace that 1.7 trillion gold. If you want your 5 trillion gold back, you can spend about $2600 on nobs.

WAAIIT! I almost forgot that they only pull off a successful strip about 1/8 times. The rest of the time, they just funded an Osiris upgrade or exchange for higher BFA stat allies at lower prices. So, take those numbers above and multiply all costs by 8…well, lets be conservative and say 5. So, a 3 trillion gold strip in real life money costs almost $11,000.00 to replace tit for tat.
    Of course they aren't replacing it, silly!! They are killing their clan! It is dying! Getting weaker and weaker with every strip attempt. Plus, the whole time they are stripping an inactive account we are farming billions out of their pure spies and hansels, which are opened up wide and paying 1-1.5b per unload. Some of their accounts, amazingly, pay up to 2Billion per unload. So…are they hurting us as a clan…hardly. We are making more farming them than we ever did on EBs.

Do we strip them? Yes, of course we do, but we are selective. They had a new member come in, anxious to be a Yafian warlord, with a fresh pile of allies and we stripped him for 1.2 trillion. We also have done dozens of mini-strips, admittedly some were done just for the fun of stripping them. We don't post the strips on our clan pages, because it's silly and, after all, strips aren't really profitable.

You look through Yafi ranks, and you see they are sorely lacking in EB items, which are a big help in bonus stats. We chased a dozen or so of them out of EB clans and back to their cave compound. We did that to keep them from growing. They can nob upgrades all they want, but the free stuff is for us. We have screen shots of hundreds and hundreds of fails. They claim they are burning pots, but they aren't accomplishing anything. They are stagnating their own growth, and even Yafi realizes they aren't as tough as they thought they were…or as they used to be. Does anyone honestly believe they don't care about their failed hits? Do you believe they wouldn't rather be punching through successfully, burning those pots, and taking plunder? Of course they would! It's just not an option. Cambji didn't leave his clan and go to Thriver to renew his pots, he went there trying to win a Bow! They do EBs nonstop and hit the EB from pin in their own clan. Look at their EB history, the facts are right there.

In short, unless you have every achievement, every item, all enchantable items are fully upgraded, are heavily potted, and are fully T5L3…you shouldn't be bothered with ally accumulation beyond getting max plunder. Gold for gold, you aren't getting your money worth. You have all seen the desperate propaganda spreading in forums, to which we have cheerfully replied and kept right on pounding them. The days of YAFI are over, they are obsolete, and they are dying. At any rate, they claim they have a 980 trillion gold strip fund, so by the math above…they can keep going for about another 4-5 months until they are wiped out. We will just keep on laughing and farming until then. Maybe the Devs will start giving them their strip funds again to keep them alive…that's what they used to claim…we will wait and see.

Before we get the "Poostage a niar! Pootage a Niar" posts from Yafi, let me point out the following...

1) Yafi does have other, more costly, ways of building and disposing of banks. Look in a 3rd party app group for the results. You can own a pile of garbage allies too, and fund their next bank. TOU does not allow explaining further.

2) Look at #1 account in Ad Mortem (Yafi account) wall where RIP says they strip a players account every day, 365 days a year. Then look at the forum thread: "Osiris, your day will come" pg 22. Rocket says Yafi is short funds for stripping and therefore, inactive.

Times have changed, huh?

-YAFI MYTHBUSTERS 2012-

2. I agree that bfa has fast become redundant. Better to enchant items and keep a big ally/alt as a reset bomb, so an enemy can pay dearly for the privilege.

3. The sad truth is i admire what Ad Mortem is doing, declaring war on KAW. It sounds ghastly, but it is really the only way KAW will ever make changes to make this a war game again. Eventually, i believe every war clan in KAW is going to need to do the same and quit warring each other, to make this a war game again. But thats a topic for another thread...

4. Interesting read.

5. Good read. I will enjoy reading YAFIs response.

6. Your numbers are off if they "buy accounts" like you said possible 1T=$65

7. Reserved for later use

8. whole lot of imaginary numbers crunched. Lol. I think as troll has mentioned u understatement how easy it is to get hold of fund by buying account. U need to go back to drawing board and get ur calculator out again cuz kaw community is laughing at ur 11k dollar estimates for 3t strip.  good effort but very miss informative and inaccurate. But the up side u are doing what u do the best forum waring. 

9. 

10. Second paragraph, i said numbers are not perfect. Of course you can buy accounts silly. How should i guess how much you will get them for? Not to mention the fact that, like i said at the end, i cant go into that aspect without risking TOU violation. This is strictly KAW based. However, the principle idea is the same, regardless.

11. Whatever you say. But one thing i have to say. It might be a thing of the past. But i've never seen a clan as outnumbered as ya__judgement__fi and their enemies still respecting them. I mean they had whole of zaft clans,AAH and osiris against them. I dont think any single clan could've taken that much heat. And they still came stripping their way out of it. I dont know how this war is gonna end but i respect what yafi did.

12. For you Yafians: The point of the thread is that KAWs new system makes this way of warring obsolete and unthreatening. In my own way, i was given you respect for the way in which you organized your war system and held sway with it for so long.
    Bottom line is doesnt work anymore and it costs you far more than it cost your enemy.

13. Now THIS was very fascinating Postal. Good read and some interesting points about changes in game. Much better than the spammy trash talk threads.

14. @qud: maybe yes…maybe…or they are just too stuborn to admit they are losing

15. btw postal,EPIC THREAD

16. I gotta go with YAFI on this one.

I can fund a 5t strip for less than $100 loss xtal usage.

And contrary to what's been said over and over on these threads, I find YAFI's war strategy great, it's exactly how I would war.

Nothing's more frustrating for opponents than their enemies to sit back and gather funds for days, then out of no where strike and strip an opponent. It's disheartening and requires less activity than 24/7 pinning, which really doesn't help since YAFI had proven they can take hits.

I haven't really commented on this war until now, but I wouldn't be downing their strategy, it clearly works and if it didn't, this much attention wouldn't be made on the forums among the participants of the war.

You say 1/8 of the strips succeed, I highly doubt that. You can strip someone 70% in 48 full bars with Aura, and the way YAFI wars there are days upon days of people watching for strips, and you lose guard eventually.

That's just my opinion.

Troll

17. $100 loss xtal usage*

18. Omg plus* usage. Lol

19. Hahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.