War Crystals (Estoc Gem v3) *UPDATED*

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by cheezeplz, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

Support!

2. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

What about regular xtals.

3. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

Why sticky?

4. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

Sucky
    Under
    Physical
    People
    Tickle 

5. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

Over tickle *

6. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

Suppot?

7. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

Why was this stickied?

8. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

Good question. For developer review.

9. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

He could have emailed Developers the thread name and tell them his idea... But then again the devs could have stickied it. . . :roll:

10. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

If you hadn't put the effort in i would say no support because the devs do need to make profit but the way you put time and effort onto your idea made it a good one.strong support from me. If other ideas like this had had this much effort it would very the support it needs but not many people care to much.

Again strong support.if it never gets implemented, your efforts were not wasted because hopefully others with good ideas will put this much effort in

11. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

I support!

12. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

This will lower the devs profits by a little margin, because the cap on the ee gem is 2 a week. If players want to do all ee wars then they will still have to pay money...

BTW you still need real xtals to hit ebs :roll: people will still buy for that

13. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

This is shopped. I can tell by the pixels.

Oh, support

14. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

[​IMG]

15. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

@superman it was all ms paint, lol

16. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

*UPDATED* All supporters should now be updated.
    Thanks for continued support and hopefully this goes to developer review as intended. I now have some spare time so be sure to look out of a re-post of my letter to support, should be out tonight. :idea:

17. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

Bump

18. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

Fair enough. But the central aspect behind KaW, Was/is to war. Maybe over time, people have forgotten that.

You see, It's not always about the price. For instance, My lil brother plays this game. He doesn't have a credit card. Not everyone has the means to purchase something.

Now that would put a dent in the dev's plan for the new yacht. :lol:

In a way, War is becoming that. Talking about our current system in play, If a player does not have crystals, They aren't going to get a good clan to EE at. ;)

19. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

Love the idea (not that it's new) but...

"Crystals"... Really? At least mith looks like bars of silver, but this one... It's literally Cocaine for your soldiers! I suggest you, or the devs create a better picture that does not involve snorting :lol:

20. Re: War Crystals (Estoc Gem v2)

I sent this to support@athinkingape.com titled War Crystals. I will post any response I get.

-Cheezeplz
    -Kingdoms at War

Note: I am not certain on where to send this so I send this to support, this is a suggestion email so if it needs to be forwarded I apologize -Thanks

War Crystals
    There has been a sudden outrage with clans not getting match-ups in the recent EE wars. With the push for the Estoc Trails Season 1: Rancor Wars there will now be 12 wars a week for 8 weeks. One of the outlining issues in this whole concept is participation. If there is not many people warring then there will be not many clans warring. This then translate to less matches, less people warring, and angry players. There are many angles to tackle this issue, I am here to propose one. The barriers that prevent/discourage players include time constraints and money constraints. Personally I find that the time constraint issue has no viable fix, for wars can't/shouldn't be shortened any further or it will diminish the whole concept of 'war' in Kingdoms at War. The one barrier that is fixable however, is the financial constraint. In order to war a system war it is basically impossible to attend with 2 health crystals per war. I understand that this should indeed stay in place, it is another medium that demands players to buy more of your product and it also is used by players as a strategic maneuver. I have a solution to this predicament, War Crystals.

At the bottom of this email I will attach a thread I have developed which has currently 168 supporters. I propose that to tackle this constraint a new form of health crystals should emerge. The war crystal should fully regenerate troops and spies (just like health crystals) but can only be used during system/EE wars. This form of crystals should be bought through with real currencies and regulated game gold. The following specifics are just recommendations, however the exact amount can easily be amended. For $10 USD a player can obtain 18 war crystals and for $20 USD a player can obtain 40 war crystals. This can be compared to the current price of $5 USD for 6 health crystals and $20 USD for 32 health crystals. By making it more affordable to war, it will appeal to casual players and not be such a burden for many. By making it separate from regular health crystals, it opens up and new market and restricts players to use the product on a certain aspect of the game (doesn't have the versatility of a health crystal). So in actuality is a trade, for cheaper crystals there is a restriction to limit it to be used for only system wars. In addition to a discounted price, I recommend to also for these crystals to be bought through regulated game gold. This in turn will please the community and entice the players to buy the real thing (as if it was a sample) for it should be extremely hard to purchase through in-game gold and be extremely easy to buy with real currency. I think that if players were limited to purchase 2 a week for the price of around 15 mithril (relative to size). This means everyone has the chance to war once a week but at a cost of 30 mithril (around 30b on average). If a player wants to do anymore they must buy war crystals/crystals with real money.

In conclusion, a big issue that faces the KaW community is the lack of participation in system wars. This is due to various reasons but a huge component is the financial burden that makes players unwilling to participate. I understand that this is a business but I believe that through this proposal it can be both postitive to the administration and developers as well as the community (win-win). By implementing the 'war crystal' it will allow more players to war than ever before. This is turn will lead to more/better clan match-ups. More players will then get 'into' KaW and there will likely be an increase in various other micro-transactions. Through a discounted price for real currency it will make players more willing to fork out the cash as it will not be such of a burden. By also making these available through regulated in-game gold it will please the community and make more future customers as they will work extremely hard for something and find out it would probably be best to just buy some with real currency. If this idea is implemented I honestly do believe it can be a win-win scenario, right not I am not willing to pay such a premium for such a little amount of health crystals for the mere purpose of war (as well as many other players). By broadening the prices to cater to the majority of your demographic it makes more people willing to splurge on a few war crystals which should theoretically increase revenue. It will make players happy and make administration/developers happy by fixing this whole system war issue. I thank you for your time I appreciate any response.

Sincerely,
    Cheezeplz

Forum Link: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=131639&start=0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.