Why should players not be allowed to war on PC?

Discuss past and ongoing wars.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Why should players not be allowed to war on PC?

Postby XxX_eZiO_XxX on Oct 8 2017, 6:16pm

As someone who once rostered clans and had their part in setting up clan wars; especially that of ps1, I can honestly say computer usage in war has killed warring.

The need for faster rosters due to being a ps1 or fearing if ps1 has shaped the face of warring.
Fundamental tactics for hybrid against ps1 is purely in favor of hybrids. But the tactics available to ps1 is much greater than that of hybrids.

This being said, the ability of a hybrid wc is much lesser than the ability of the ps1 wc.

My belief is that ps1 should be used reactively. This is why.
The flow of the war starts off with user connection, device, and finger speed.
This part is up to the warriors ability coinciding with what the wc asks for. Once again, this leaves more options to the ps1 wc.

The middle of the ps1 hybrid match up then becomes a speed test. Who wins out? The hybrids running an attack train on a synced ps1 roster who regen within 20 seconds of each other. This yet again is a test of connection, device and finger speed.

The end of the war is decided on 3 factors.
Did the hybrids plunder enough, how have the ps1 maintained spy bars, and what the hybrids have done throughout the war.
Normally xtals by ps1 occur after 10 minutes mark. The steal down has already occurred.

Yet again a speed test comes into effect.

This is the essence of ps1 against hybrids. Speed.

Ps1 rostering killed ee and lowland wars. It is something I have realized for some time and I do regret for taking my part in that.

At a fundamental tactical level I said hybrids have the edge. Why?
Because it’s flat out true.
A full bar for a build with 1tl and 23sos is 9 attack’s with 0 incoming on a hybrid or tank.
A full bar attacks by a hybrid on a ps1 is 23 attacks.
A speed tie occurs at 6 attacks. 6 leaked attacks is 6 attacks outgoing.
6 times 15 is 90 attacks. 90 attacks on start.
That’s terrible as a ps1 roster into any hybrid roster. It’s too many leaks.
The respective ps1 tactic is 3 steals each. 45 steals to 90 attacks. This leaves a good score line for both clans.(this is assuming no fails)

At this point the score looks something like 500m to 350m in favor of hybrids.
Let’s assume the hybrids did a mirror dump.
15v15 again. Ps1 roster synced. 10-11 regens are going to happen throughout the war before xtal. Assuming an average leak of 8. 8 leaks per update. With 0 steals outgoing.
By the 19th minute the war in a perfect speed tie it would be ~150 attacks to 45 steals. Score is roughly 700m to 350m. This is the point where ps1 can start doing something.
Since we are staying in an ideal situation 3bsteals by all will occur, then 2 next regen and the following all should be at 20%. Ideal situation it is now 900m to 700m in favor of hybrid.



Xtal occurs. There is a delay in the ps1 loading up their targets. Let’s assume 7 attacks go through. 7x15 is 105 leaks.

Ps1 xtal and dive, leak 7attacks. And dive steals as the hybrid dump spies on them. A fb steals is about 16 steals. Let’s assume 7 get through as well because of spy dump and sdt. 105 steals to 105 attacks.
Steals pay more. They simply do. But wait, ps1 are diving spies and are tz. Koes will pay out to hybrids.

The score will end up higher than we are used to now a days. Close to 1.7b to 1.5b still in favor of hybrids.

A speed tie is in favor of hybrids without wc skill coming into effect. It’s plain and simple...




Pc has killed Wars. It’s the sad truth. But there is no way of saving wars in the current state of the game.
XxX_eZiO_XxX
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Jul 2 2014, 5:40pm

Re: Why should players not be allowed to war on PC?

Postby Faust on Oct 8 2017, 6:34pm

-Eragon- wrote:Mint is right in the fact that when devs took away the t100, t50, t10 equip from wars, it completely killed wars. Wars are dying real real quick, just a couple weeks ago there were 6 indi matches during the 10pm est war, last night there were 3. And for LL it's even worse, there's 1-2 wars per LL and even FFA LL clans are dead. The only reason people war now is for fun, because somehow atleast for me it still is fun. It's great to wreck people in indi and be wr1 (not that I have done that in the past few months since becoming a fairy) but Ik the feeling. I don't know why people keep making war threads when it's obvious the devs aren't looking to fix wars, not having a season 7 this summer is just proof of that. And phone users aren't at a disadvantage, download Puffin on ur phone and u can dump troops in 2-3 sec, I personally can do 4 hit per sec with it when I spam tf out of it, and a lot of you could too. Idk what else to say other than the devs are really killing wars and eliminating the use of pc by making legends and charms and such for phones only.
My thoughts️

"2-3 seconds" 
Faust
2016 ASW Champion
 
Posts: 1549
Joined: Apr 28 2010, 9:56pm

Re: Why should players not be allowed to war on PC?

Postby xXD3mOnXx on Oct 8 2017, 8:42pm

Koka wrote:
xXD3mOnXx wrote:
Koka wrote:Accusing someone to script is against ToU. #TrustNo1InVro

I didnt accuse any particular person? Also, amazing how you can fit 3 grammar errors into one sentence.
#DontSpeakEnglishCuzImVro


Actually, the fact that you’re bashing me because english is my second language gives a good idea where your intelligence is, which is probably low, but also proves you already lost the argument before anything. Using personnal attacks on someone indicates the inferiority of knowledge on the topic. In this case you’re going after me instead of what I’ve said. The fact that I can still talk in english and have a rationnal judgement on you shows you should leave it be and accept the fact you’re accusing Vro by saying there’s no more script, it gives a direct relation between x and y.

Have a good day,
Koka


You're committing a logical fallacy. Just because two circumstances correlate does not mean that one is the cause of the other. It's comfortable to assume, but it's just wrong.

You accuse me of personal attacking then insult my intellect. Very clever. The english language has a word for that you know? Its called something something hypocrite something something.

As far as inferiority on knowledge, i havent seen you say anything of value to the topic. And no, english isnt my first language either. Not an excuse.
xXD3mOnXx
 
Posts: 663
Joined: May 26 2015, 10:48am

Re: Why should players not be allowed to war on PC?

Postby RedHotVixen on Oct 8 2017, 8:42pm

Some of comments in this thread totally back up that actually people have got this unrealistic idea about PC warring being a norm


On a device anyone can war anywhere at any time

PC is restricted for huge majority of players and so therefore instantly pool of participation down


Also add in the huge upgrades from latest lands , no one wants to bank in bars 4 times a day



Outta interest why is there such resistance to everyone warring on device? same lag, same speeds - everyone equal? Surely sounds fair
RedHotVixen
2017 ASW Champion
 
Posts: 1143
Joined: Nov 1 2010, 11:01am

Re: Why should players not be allowed to war on PC?

Postby xXD3mOnXx on Oct 8 2017, 8:49pm

RedHotVixen wrote:Some of comments in this thread totally back up that actually people have got this unrealistic idea about PC warring being a norm


On a device anyone can war anywhere at any time

PC is restricted for huge majority of players and so therefore instantly pool of participation down


Also add in the huge upgrades from latest lands , no one wants to bank in bars 4 times a day



Outta interest why is there such resistance to everyone warring on device? same lag, same speeds - everyone equal? Surely sounds fair

Firstly, pc players can no longer war.
Secondly, will increase the gap between cheaters and legit players alot
Thirdly, as i think was mentioned before, pc isnt all advantages, has certain disadvantages too.
PC warring was the norm. It would still flourish if developers didnt kill wars off by no updates, removing war eq, etc.
xXD3mOnXx
 
Posts: 663
Joined: May 26 2015, 10:48am

Re: Why should players not be allowed to war on PC?

Postby Kael_a_Wanderer on Oct 9 2017, 9:04am

I'm just a simple man. But it looks that using Vaseline to glue my fingers to the space bars isn't helping. My girlfriend will be pleased by that because I made a horrible mess. Thanks guys n gals
Kael_a_Wanderer
 
Posts: 162
Joined: May 6 2012, 3:48am

Re: Why should players not be allowed to war on PC?

Postby PhartacusX on Oct 10 2017, 7:53am

llIllxWarShipLWPiNDAHiZZYxlllI wrote:
RedHotVixen wrote:PC gives an unfair advantage over the majority of players who have device access.

Why would people bother warring when they continually will be called a leak, or berated for being slow or not rostered on clan wars unless they war on a pc

^^ thats when participation started going down even more than ever before.

Took

The

Fun

Out



1. I believe you are more intelligent than this.

2. There is no way to actually prove this because it is a correlative watson assumption.

3. Why do i feel like you have a hidden agenda because of 1-2?

4. Here's my best hypothesis:
Warring started dropping when kaw population started dropping.

Why did kaw population start dropping?
Because it was no longer a game that targeted the middle class aka the biggest part of it's populus.

What do I mean by targeted? And How was it no longer a game that targeted the middle class?
What i mean by targeted is simply that the devs no longer were rolling out content or maintaining content that allowed the middle class/people with average income and time to keep up with the big spenders or people with a lot of time and obsession with kaw.

How?
The biggest boom in warring on kaw happened when? When a small clan of worms with a guy named val figured out that you could smash other clans with guild hansels and later, shadow hansels in war for valuable equipment.

Why did this end?
The devs successfully figured out how to stop such "exploits" which allowed the middle class players to compete with low stated/low maintenance accounts.
By introducing lands which gave a massive stat increase and a much higher cost they took shots at the middle class kawer. Your bfe was now worthless, and bfa only helped if you were bc, or were small and had a mother ton of it! You could only carry indi war for the smallest bracket. SoS builds, or any kind of account lacking BC or close to BC were now much less viable and could not compete with people who had enough time or money to BC on these new insanely huge BC accounts.

Another reason:
Events and their equipment also killed the middle class kawer as they could no longer compete for the "best equipment" without having to get divorces in their RL marriages.




╭^━━^━━^━━━^━━^━━╮
༅༜།།༼Щ32.SǪLΞЖPVVФЯM༽།།༜༅
╰^━━^━━^━━━^━━^━━╯
PhartacusX
 
Posts: 2597
Joined: Aug 20 2010, 8:35pm

Re: Why should players not be allowed to war on PC?

Postby EasternWizard on Jun 17 2018, 5:32am

Just read through this thread, and it seems that warring is still alive and well ... it's just in Forums! 
EasternWizard
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sep 5 2015, 3:46pm

Re: Why should players not be allowed to war on PC?

Postby xX_503s_Most_H8d_Xx on Jun 17 2018, 9:24am

Ded rn. Val didn't invent gh or sh exploit. He just used it to his advantage with barcode roster that nobody could track. In addition to having worm alts in every ee clan and knowing how to set roster for ideal matchups.
xX_503s_Most_H8d_Xx
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Jan 5 2013, 7:42pm

Re: Why should players not be allowed to war on PC?

Postby Flavour_Danger on Jun 17 2018, 12:25pm

Wait so, Is Warring on pc or mobile faster?
Flavour_Danger
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Oct 31 2016, 5:40am

PreviousNext

Return to Wars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: W32xRD and 0 guests