Replacement for Round Wars - Indi Wars (Group Optional)

Discussion in 'Wars' started by ISI-IOI-IRI-IAI, Jun 17, 2015.

1. As with all of my new idea posts, you will not fully understand the concept if you do not read the entire post thoroughly.

I present to KaW a replacement for the Round War time-slot that ALMOST NO ONE EVER signs up for; Group Optional Indi Wars. These wars would function almost the same as normal individual wars (with a group option explained below) and players may sign up for these wars individually (without a group) just like they do normal indi wars if they so choose.

There is, however, the option to group up with up to two friends who would normally be in your indi war bracket. To do this you would need to cast "United We Stand" which can be found right above "Wave of Conflict" in the alchemist abilities tab.

Upon casting this spell you would receive a pop-up prompting you to enter the names of up to 2 friends you would like to join you.

Each player wishing to participate in your "group" would need to do the same thing & enter your name/the name of a third member (if you guys wish to include a 3rd).
    These players would need to be people who would normally be in your indi war bracket (with similar bfa/cs) or you would likely not be put on the same team.

Upon casting "United We Stand" you would also receive the normal message you receive when casting Wave of Conflict and will be required to leave you clan before signup ends.

After the 2-3 players wishing to be grouped together have completed casting "United We Stand" & entering the names of the players they wish to be grouped with successfully, they would receive a notification as shown below (confirming that they have successfully been linked).

What this basically would do is ATTEMPT to put the players linked by United We Stand on the same team in the indi war they casted for.

Here is a list of reasons the spell may "fail" & what the result would be:

• *If players are not of similar cs/bfa they would be placed into whatever bracket/team they would be had they signed up alone by casting wave of conflict.

*If the system is unable to place players on the same team due to balancing issues, they would be placed on whatever team they would have been had they signed up alone by casting wave of conflict.

*If players do not properly link with eachother by all typing the correct names in the pop-up they receive when casting United We Stand, they would be placed on whatever team they would have been had they signed up alone by casting wave of conflict.

*If certain player(s) do not leave their clan by the time signup ends they will not be able to participate in the war (as usual). Remaining group members who were not in a clan when the signup period ends would still be paired together (if possible).

If you decide you do not wish to be grouped after you have already successfully linked yourself, you would still be able to withdraw from the war as you normally would by clicking withdraw.

You could then cast Wave of Conflict to sign up for the war alone. Remaining members of your group would still be paired together (if possible).

I believe I covered all of the details of my idea but if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I believe these "Group Optional" wars would DEFINITELY spice up indi wars and make them a lot more enjoyable for many who could now group up with a few friends while still keeping it rather fair for solo players since the maximum group size is only 3. What do you guys think?

TLDR; DO NOT COMMENT - Move on to the next post.

2. Another Great idea Which will go nowhere even if we all support it..Devs Just dont seem to care about the good or bad ideas we come up with..
    Stopped Making Threads Like This just because there is not even a 50% chance that the devs might read the idea & try to implement it

3. Does ata even care about kaw anymore? Lol

Also support to op's idea, i like it!

4. Great idea. Support

5. Support, if i had any friends :O

6. I have an idea that might be easier.

Cast your clan for a round with 10 members. People with no clans would cast like it was an indie. These indi "Mercs" would then be added to your clan in a way to balance the war. Ppl would keep their team with 4-5 Mercs to add a little spice to their war.

The strength of your merc would depend on how strong the perm members of your war clan are, for example a clan with cella and redstar in it can expect 5 statless noobs to join them, while a weaker team would get some big builds to join.

7. Support: replacing Round War;
    No Support: grouping friends, which we may foresee results in mismatches and other issues.

8. Read the "Here is a list of reasons the spell may "fail" & what the result would be:" section of the OP.

9. Support, nice idea and definitely better then the round war which never has matchs.

10. #support #thiscouldchangekawforthegood
    #slimwazhere
    #modsarenotwelcomehere

11. Support and maybe more than 2

12. Great idea, email support about it

13. Support for both the OP and Frog's idea. Friend grouping and clan+mercs both sound great to me.

14. Your really good at coming up with ideas that ATA will never use.