๐Ÿœ๏ธ Hive of the Ancients + Updated Clan Wars!๐Ÿบ

Discussion in 'Events' started by ATA-Jace, Mar 20, 2024.

1. No support until ATA reads and enforces automated play policy and works their current dev support tickets.

2. Well, a huge thank you to the devs for making today's lowland clan wars a real success, not had so much fun in ages!

3. Due to the irony of this statement, I agree.

LUXWEAK and ALPHA like this.
  4. Quick overview (my perspective as someone who rostered and commanded wars)

Was fun to war with old friends, bring back some old war commanders, and teach new folks how to war

due to rock paper scissors-like matchups of hybrids, hansels, tanks, teams incentivized to scout around, cast last minute.

teams incentivized to cast 30 to avoid near unwinnable 20-25v30 scenario.

was very time consuming to coordinate 30 people to show up, change their build, check their build, cast woc, and to check their woc before signing up

woc opt out not available, led to early casters getting hard countered

30v30 is incredibly chaotic, near impossible for a wc to micromanage, which isnt bad. led to a lot of individual skill expression and exciting wars

unclear rules about casting multiple accounts on same team

Top warriors aggregated in one clan and other teams had little to no chance of winning against them

Participation started very strong (114 casted for first war) and dropped significantly down to only one clan filliny numbers for war 6

Apologies if this sounds overly negative. I firmly think experimentation like this is a step in the right direction. I'm grateful that devs are experimenting with wars.

I was losing my mind when clan wars were announced on wednesday and I'd wake up to 30+ pms every day about ee - I hope to see more war changes in the future.

5. I'll second Hippy. Some of these close clan wars were the most fun ee experience I've had in a very long time.

My feedback would be similar - as things stand, 20-30 is too large of a roster to fill multiple clans, and the variance is too wide. Particularly in LL, every body counts and like Hippy said the 25v30 matchup is almost always going to be a loss for a clan with 25.

Roster sizes of 15-20, or even just 15, would serve to make it a lower barrier for clans to recruit/cast as well as addressing the issue of experienced players clumping in one clan. A max size around 15 would cause that to split and war in more clans rather than just grem/lions and create a more lively scene.

And of course, please revert the lock on woc, it would be hugely beneficial to be able to uncast and change builds rather than being locked in..

6. So some feedback from this last weekend wars.
    I think overall it was a great experience. In my option from what I heard and witnessed the community enjoyed the clan wars again.

Here are some Suggestions.

1. Lower the clan Size -20-30 is bit to much having it be 10-15 I think personally would be a lot more manageable for many more clans to participate.

2. switch up or around the time slots and/or build type. I wouldnโ€™t mind seeing maybe KA and LL in a clan war setup, this gives both newer players and players who have spent a lot of time on their builds an opportunity to do clan wars. If switching between KA and LL maybe switch around the warring schedule 11/12pm EST is a bit late for some and a bit early for others on a Sunday/Monday work date.

But one key takeaway is I had a blast doing wars again and hope to see them back and more people/clans warring .

7. As someone who used to play when clan wars had tons of participation, I was glad to get a chance to war as a clan again.

Some feedback from this weekend:
    1. Please allow opting out of WoC - way too many people got stuck in a LL build which allowed the opposing clan to counter
    2. Decrease roster sizes to 15-20 (easier to manage/track during war and easier to organize pre-war which would most likely result in way more clans participating)
    3. Clearer rules: can we have alts cast in the same war?
    4. Disallow players from casting as a 24 defence/spy defence tower build
    5. Better war times - I know itโ€™s hard to please everyone, but that was rough
    6. More wars per day
    7. Leaderboard for clan wars
    Thank you for running these trials. Hopefully this means we can participate in more clan wars soon.

8. Thank you to everyone who participated in the Clan wars and gave feedback! We hear you loud and clear about some changes players are looking for and we'll look to adjust what we can in the future.

I would like to announce that we're going to run MORE CLAN WARS this coming weekend as well, this time changing the roaster sizes so that clans can register with 10 - 15 players.

We'll have Clan wars running at:

Friday, March 29th 9:00 AM PST

Friday, March 29th 9:00 PM PST

Saturday, March 30th 9:00 AM PST

Saturday, March 30th 9:00 PM PST

Sunday, March 31st 9:00 AM PST

Sunday, March 31st 9:00 PM PST

9. Perhaps increase rewards. 600 event items ainโ€™t a lot. Add plates or trade tokens!

10. Thank you for the fastest response to our concerns. And correction a few questions to address before next wars happen

1. Rules around Double casting with an alt

2. Has the WoC been fixed so that places can I uncast so that they can fix builds ?

11. I'll be rostering war 6 for new players - pm me to sign up, spots are first come first serve. Wall me if I dont follow back

12. fun war weekend - my ps1 mirror matchup was quite enjoyable

10-15 much easier to roster, still complex and exciting

clans are incentivized to cast w 15 because so few clans roster

final war of the weekend failed to produce a match. 100Q or bust had 15 casted, no other clans filled in time.

Please consider bumping up war rewards to incentivize people. Its disheartening to prep 15 people and not match