ATA and Lootboxes ODDS

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Sataninho, Mar 19, 2024.

?

Do you want ATA to show you the % of winning a pet?

1. I don’t care, I don’t spend on the game

2. No, it’s private stuff

3. Yes, it’s the right of all players

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. In the realm of Canada, where digital marketplaces flourish under the banners of Apple and Google, a decree hath been issued by these sovereign entities. The edict commands those who craft games, offering chests of mystery and chance within their digital realms, to reveal the secrets of their odds. The Apple guild, with its grand App Store, hath mandated that the creators of games unveil the likelihood of obtaining treasures from their enchanted loot boxes, ere the adventurers part with their coin. Similarly, the Google conclave, overseers of the Play Store, hath decreed that the odds of receiving magical items from loot boxes be known to all, before the transaction is made.

This mandate stretches not only across the verdant lands of Vancouver or the dominion of Canada but spans the globe, touching all corners where these digital bazaars are accessible. Thus, any guild based in Vancouver, which seeks to peddle their game app within the hallowed halls of the Apple App Store or the grand marketplace of Google Play, is bound by honor and policy to disclose the chances of acquiring rare treasures within their mystical loot boxes. Failure to abide by these edicts risks the wrath of these powerful entities and the disenchantment of the realm's citizens.

Thoughts?

-_-SCUMBAG-_- likes this.
  2. I've asked many times about the % chance of rares from chests.

I was informed that as you don't pay to open the chest, it doesn't matter. You're purchasing a 'key', so it's a bit of a workaround.

3. The % is probably incredibly low, I have been playing for years and haven't had a single pet drop. I believe they operate as they do so it isn't classed technically as "gambling". In my opinion it is one huge con job just given a different name.

4. In discussing the practices of the game "Kingdoms at War," particularly regarding the mechanics of acquiring rare items from chests, it's evident that the distinction made by the game's developers between purchasing a key and the act of opening a chest is a thinly veiled workaround to skirt the transparency often expected in such transactions. This approach is analogous to the process in FIFA, where players buy points to open packs. Here, players purchase currency (nobs) to buy keys, which in turn are used to open chests. The underlying principle remains the same: players are spending real money with the hope of obtaining valuable in-game items without clear knowledge of their odds (Black friday chests were the perfect example, you bought nobs to DIRECTLY open chests).

Labeling this practice as merely a technical distinction fails to acknowledge the ethical implications of not disclosing the odds of receiving rare items. Such transparency would not only align with fair consumer practices but also mitigate the risk of potential sanctions from regulatory bodies concerned with gambling-like mechanics in games. By providing players with the percentage chances of obtaining rare items, it would foster a more trustworthy environment, reducing players' perceived risks and enhancing their decision-making process.

However, there's an underlying concern that revealing these odds might deter players from engaging with these mechanics, should the chances prove discouragingly low. This fear likely motivates the developers' preference for opacity. Yet, this preference prioritizes short-term engagement over long-term trust and respect for the player base. It's crucial for game developers to recognize the importance of ethical practices, not just for legal compliance but for maintaining a loyal and satisfied player community.

Just add the odds devs…

-_-SCUMBAG-_- likes this.
  5. Agreed..... don't lower the odds of getting a drop, I've noticed the last 3 events, the drop rates on free chests have been pitiful!

Sataninho likes this.